Sunday, September 9, 2012

Why I Need to Be More Thankful

Last Friday I was having an emotional struggle. My husband was aware that I was feeling unhappy and he comforted me blaming the change of the weather and some hormones as the cause of my sadness. But in fact, it was much more than that.

My husband´s effort to comfort me helped a ton but not completely. The struggle inside me was too much for me to beat in spite of my husband´s care and love. I knew there was one thing I had to do. I silently prayed.

Because I could not sleep, I went online to review the Bible lesson study we had for the past week. The next day, Saturday which is the sabbath, the lesson will be discussed among the members in the church. For some reasons, the words of wisdom in the lesson were targeted towards me.

Joy in life is a fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22; see also Phil. 4:4). Open your eyes. The gifts of God are all around us; we just forget to thank Him for them—often because we’re so focused on the trials and struggles of living. If we would cultivate an attitude of thankfulness to God more and more, our walk with Him would be much closer and our lives would be filled with joy. ~ SDA Lesson Study Sept 4

These words were really a turning point for me. Whoever causes my grief and whatever trials are there that cause my sadness, I should focus with the good things instead and be more thankful because in the process, I become joyful and happy. It made me feel so much better.

photo credit: wehearit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time. I'll get back to you soon. :)