Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How to increase page rank in the shortest possible time


Unless you’re a total newbie, you should know by now what page rank is. In layman’s term, page rank is the score 0-10 that Google awards on a site to identify its quality and significance. Although there are a lot of quality sites out there with no or with lower page rank, a high page rank gives a feeling of supremacy on webmasters because it quonotes popularity. If your site has a high page rank that means that you have a quality and important website. Ironically, page rank is not identified based on the quality of your content nor with its quantity. It is however identified by the number of quality [from high page rank sites] inbound links that your site receives. Therefore if you ask me how would you increase your site’s page rank, you are actually asking me how to earn quality inbound links for your site.

The following tips would guide you on how to increase your page rank in a shortest possible time.

1. If your site is new and has no page rank, you can sign up on free directories such as technoratti, topblogging, blogged, portachi, etc. If you do not wish to accumulate colorful buttons that make your site look like amateur, you can actually skip this step.

2. Produce quality contents. Even if content does not directly help to increase your page rank, quality contents are your key weapon to strike your target. It is through these contents that the rest of our methods mentioned here would work.

3. Add site map to your web/blog site. This is very important to enable Google and other search engines index your contents quickly. Adding site map to a blog site such as blogger can be tricky for newbie and thus requires a lot of reading to guide you through. Search Google “how to add site map to blogger blog?” if you use blogger.

4. Identify web/blog sites that are related to your niche, or, if you don’t have a niche, sites that are relevant to your content. Make sure that these websites have good page rank. For instance, target sites with page rank 3 or 4 if your site has still no page rank. The concept here is for you to aim for sites that have higher page rank than yours. Build relationship with the site’s owner. Read their content, post quality comments that engage to the topic. Blog owners appreciate this type of comments and would certainly visit you back to return the favor. That way, you are building relationship. Once the relationship is established, exchanging links would be easy. [Be informed that sending emails or leaving comments asking for link exchange at your first visit is usually being laughed upon by webmasters especially if your site’s page rank is significantly lower than theirs]

Note: Only links from sites that are related to your content are the ones that actually matter.

5. Create an account at established Do follow submission websites such as EzineArticles, Idea Marketers, Aticle Dashboard Directory, etc. that allows you to submit and publish articles written by you with links within the body of the article as well as in the resource box that points to your site. Getting an article published at Ezine with a link back to your site for example, gives you an easy inbound link from a pr 6 website. Submit the same article at other dofollow blogs to earn you more quality backlinks.

Note: You should learn to write articles that tease your readers so that they will feel the urge to click the link in your article, this would generate more traffic for your site. For example, I have a very good article about "How to wear short scarf for a fashionable look" published at my fashion blog. I wrote an article with the same title and published it at Ezine. The article discusses the neccessity of a scarf as an accessory and why the need to maximize the different looks that you can create out from this very versatile material. Thereby the article teases the readers to find out the answer to their question "How?" by clicking my link.

6. Look for dofollow blogs with good page ranks. When you leave a comment on their post, and your comment gets approved, your comment gets an inbound link for your site. Make sure to check first that the site has good page rank; otherwise, you might just waste your time. Make sure too, that your comment is quality and that it engages to the conversion and contribute good points. Webmasters of dofollow blogs always moderate comments to scan spammers and dismiss comments that are obviously aiming only for juice.

Note: (1)Most blogs are nofollow. That means that even if you include your link as a signatory to your comments, you actually do not get a link back to your site and you just build a spammer image for yourself. Read more about dofollow blogs and how to make your blog a dofollow if you do wish.
(2)Be aware that since there are not a lot of dofollow blogs, these blogs raise on top and receive tons of comments. The amount of link juice that the site is capable of giving is divided by the number of comments therefore your comment may not get link worth as much as you would like.

7. Be clever. Some websites with high page rank seem to be good targets for inbound links. Therefore you build relationship to eventually earn a link. But once you get the link, you discover that the page where your link is listed has actually very low page rank, a lot lower than the main page, or worse, no page rank at all. That is just a waste of time. Believe me, it happened to me. My fashion blog has a page rank of 4 and another fashion blog with page rank 5 agreed to exchange links with me. Turned out; her xxxfashion.com with pr 5 has a link list with url xxxfashion.blogspot.com with pr 0. Crap! She gets a link from my pr 4 and I get a 0 from her pr5. Haha! Play with me. I gave her a nofollow link. We’re even. Go figure.

Note: Make sure that the page where your link will be listed has a page rank that you desire.

8. Go for guest blogging. Writing a guest post for websites with very good page rank can be intimidating. It might take time for you to earn confidence but it would eventually come if you always work on providing good contents for your web/blog site. It will come naturally. A guest post with a dofollow link for you within or at the bottom of your post is a good way to earn quality page rank.

9. Keep building relationship with high pr websites and maintain those relationships that you already earned. Some partners remove you from their list if you no longer appear visible on their sites. Therefore, to monitor your links, keep visiting and keep commenting on your partners and that would enable you to meet potential partners in the process.

p.s. You might wonder why this blog has only pr 3 if I have all these tips? Good question. I actually learned all these on my quest to increase the page rank of my fashion blog. I don't flaunt about clothes and what I have therefore getting links and relationships and breaking into fashion blogging required hard work.

40 comments:

  1. Your post very helpful to me. I am newbie in blogging..so,i want to learn more..you give very clear explanation how to increase page rank..I'm sorry if my English is bad because I'm from Malaysia..Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seem like some good tips to start with for a new SEO guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree that PR means no of backlinks (dofollow)..
    For blogger, it is difficult to create a site map when the post as more than 500. I was too googling to get any tool which can generate a sitemap for my blog.spot blog, I have found a very very good tool and will like to share with others here..
    Just visit to my site map on my blog www.smsinhindi.com/p/sitemap.html (I' not spaming here )
    and thanks to a post on blog- http://introblogger.blogspot.com/ from where I got this tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I optimize websites and think am doing a good job at it. I realize that if the website I am optimizing doesn't have too many competitors it's a piece of cake to get it ranked higher. Now if a website has many competitors that's when it gets tricky. I think ways other than link-building comes into the picture.

    It’s can be a major pain to comb through the HTML source code of a website to see if it uses nofollow or not.

    Luckily there is a Firefox extension for this:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5687

    This extension makes it really easy to see which links are follow and which ones are nofollow. It will turn all the links that are nofollow to a pink color and all other links to a purple color on a webpage.

    I got that from to know about it from a forum on SEO.

    Have fun blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips here! You have a wealth of information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi excellent information, have you any tips about how you can actually get guest posting gigs? Should I contact other Bloggers in my niche?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ryan,

    I suggest you prepare a very good article and then contact webmasters of blogs/sites that have high page rank such 5 or 6 that are relevant to your niche. They are very likely to say "yes" to an informative and unique article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good tips! Right, being too friendly sometimes to accommodate the 0 PR (i.e. new blogs) pulls our PR down but as long as I see that the site has good content, I don't mind adding it.
    I still have to understand "no follow" link myself. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting! I always wondered how it works. My blog jumped from 0 to 4 and I still have no idea why...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very instructive, darling!
    Fab post!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the post, this is really what we all need to know, i am sure this post will give us lots of benefits, thanks for sharing, i am also looking forward for more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty Impressive!! You have covered almost all the things that would allow a blog/website to gain popularity and a good PR in a short period of time.

    Thanks for sharing your ideas...

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. This tips are very useful thank you very much. I been having some trouble on putting my blog page rank from pr3 to pr 4. I wonder how many months does it takes to reach page rank 4?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Point 2 is quite important! Good content will get linked to by other sites. Google loves these "recommendations", and it will help your rankings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Research is everything in my opinion. Setting up a plan of action and observing what's going on in the search engines is important. Setting realistic and easy to implement goals as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been doing a lot of guest posting lately. I've found that you really need to research the blog that you are posting for. Otherwise you are wasting your time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Ralph,

    You are right but saying that you have to "research" the sites ideal for guest posting. These sites should be rank high by google, related to your niche and with good traffic [although we know that traffic does not affect the pr].

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. Thanks for your sweet comment, darling! I generally categorize all my images into different folders while viewing the shows on style.com during fashion week :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi sweetie,

    I'm really sorry about the whole blog roll thing. I left my blog up on the computer and my sisters messed around with my blog and deleted sections of it, my blog link list was one section :/
    so i'm building it up again.
    i'm happy to add your link to my blogroll, and i've just looked at your blogroll and my link is not on yours? but if you'd be happy to link swap again that'd be fine!

    XOXO, BECCA
    http://fashion-train.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the great post. I read in several places that linking with rel"dofollow" (or just leave out the rel attribute altogether) to a couple of relevant sites can help with PR if they help Google build a them about your site. For example with my florists Auckland website I have a link to "the History of Flower Arrangements" at Wikipedia. In your opinion is this going help my PR, lower (SEO leakage) my PR or make bugger all difference? Cheers Rick

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do you have any good tips for finding do follow blogs. I have done a lot of research and found very few.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey.. you deliberately explore the minimal ways for improving the quality of the page and getting high PR in shorter time of span. Thanks a lot..!!

    semi trucks for sale

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is great! a wide information of webmasters, I am newbie a big help for me. We need a list of high PR blog sites and that gonna make us rank up.
    Agian, Thanks!! for the tips and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am a newbie and i am attempting to do something with Google blogger blogs part about site map is very useful for me.Do you know how to add meta description and meta tags to a blogger blog?it is a big problem with SEO for blogs

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Tutor,

    When I added meta tag description and meta keywords to my blog, I followed this tutorial:

    http://www.bloggertricks.com/2007/12/adding-meta-tags-to-bloggerblogspot.html

    It's very easy to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ Rick,

    I have read somewhere that the links you're getting from wikipedia are tagged "nofollow" therefore not giving you any link juice. The reason given for this nofollow by wikepedia is to simply avoid spam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. @homelighting,

    I found some listing of dofollow blogs and just in case you haven't yet:

    http://followlist.com/Blogging/

    http://www.toptut.com/2007/06/05/get-many-quality-pr5-backlinks-for-free/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I agree with the fact that before you comment the comment should at least have good content. Lots of blogs which have spam in the comments turn me off and might even discourage me from coming to the site again. I believe if you wish to make your blog doFollow, make sure that you moderate your comments carefully, otherwise both your page rank will leak and your reputation will go down.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just read a post where the blogger is wondering why his page rank went up when he doesn't update his site. A very good answer would be that he might probably have quality content. Hmm. Thanks for this very informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. How to increase website hits, this can be done by different ways like link building, social media optimization, blog posting, social bookmarking, article submission.By creating back links through theses mode we can drive high traffic to website and that is the website hits.

    ReplyDelete
  31. a wondeful post it looks amazing nice

    ReplyDelete
  32. Update your website every day by adding more unique content. If you site has some information for a visitor then it is 100% chance for him to come back to your site again. And more chances of getting your site linked(Link Baits). As you all know the more the links you get + the more traffic = Good Page Rank!!

    Thanks for the tips Gleenn!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey, I find this very useful. Thanks for sharing the info, Gleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice information, I really appreciate the way you presented.Thanks for sharing..

    http://www.seotrafficspider.com/directorysubmission.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Useful information that's what is needed. Working on links is a tough go I am new to this so thanks a bunch. Now I have a lot more work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great article it very informative have a nice day.

    Cheap Wholesale T-shirts

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is an informative stuff.Thanks, I enjoyed reading that.i should try some these...
    Thanks/-
    Jason Webb
    entreper

    ReplyDelete
  38. I agree with the fact that before you comment the comment should at least have good content. Lots of blogs which have spam in the comments turn me off and might even discourage me from coming to the site again.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I enjoyed reading all your info on increasing pagerank and your help in getting more backlinks. I've been struggling on how to get more links naturally with my blog. Your ideas really helped. Good luck on your Fashion Blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time. I'll get back to you soon. :)