Thursday, September 24, 2009

Looking for a writing contest? Check out The Colors Magazine

I was having a shower today at 6:30 in the morning when something hit me. I want to bring my literary writing into the next level. Why? I had been writing for how many years now and I saw myself matured from a potential writer into a skilled one [I’m speaking about creative writing: poetry, short story and novel] but I still don’t have a visible grip. And then I thought of Lena, the owner of The Colors Magazine. She owns this wonderful literary website that I came across a few weeks back. Having a tour in her web and seeing her contents, she inspired me to put up my own. The decision became final today.

But I am not going to talk about how I will launch my own literary website. This post is actually about how Lena inspired me to go back into writing short stories through her writing competition. The last short story I wrote was done two years ago, the Informer. Therefore, an entry for her 55 Fiction Contest will make my next short story after such period of idleness. Yes, I am joining her writing competition. What made me decide to join the contest is the challenge of being able to write a story that consists of drama, suspense and shock by using only a total of fifty-five words. Now, that is something that I have not done before. I am excited to start writing my entry and I am determined to find time to complete it and submit it on or before the deadline which will be on the 1st October 2009.

Do you also want to challenge yourself and come up with a winning piece for 55 fiction? Thus visit The Colors Magazine for details. All the best.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gleen!
    I must say the idea of a literary site is indeed a great one. Count me in, I will be a frequent visitor there.
    Very often we need someone to encourage us to start pursuing things we love but stopped doing for some reasons.I am glad that my contest was such an inspiration for you. I will be more than happy to receive your entry for the contest. I am sure it will be really a good one.
    Thank you for writing this post :)
    And good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Gleen. Can't wait to read your next short story. And good luck on the contest. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gleen....sounds like a super challenge and fun. Good luck with your endeavor...I wish I could say I am in...but I seriously do not have the time to commit.
    Maybe at another date I will be able to join you :)

    I look forward to reading your thoughts:)

    Huggz~D~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time. I'll get back to you soon. :)