Sunday, June 21, 2009

The amazing part of blogging


I am very much thankful to rare*Jonrez, a friend whom I met through friendster, for introducing me to the world of blogging. Through her, I was encouraged to put up my own blog where I can publish all my work collectively. I had several articles published online but they were scattered in different big publishing websites which unfortunately, failed to give me enough satisfaction. But now, here in my blogs, I feel so much at home. I have something tangible I can call my own.

It was with a lot of difficulties that I started putting up my two blog sites, mostly, because of technical issues. For how many times it had caused fights between me and my hubby because of so much time I had to spend for it. But with careful explanation, I was able to earn his support and understanding. Blogging is so much fulfilling. To be able to write and express what I think and what I want without some editors declining it or telling me to revise or edit something is what I call “freedom”. It feels like writing on a diary but with an amazing number of readers out there. And every time I get some comments on my posts, I sit giggling in front of my computer checking who the one behind that comment is so I could return his time and effort. It also feels good to earn a set of loyal visitors who visit me without fail and leave some good words on my shout box. Some people can be just so nice.

Until the past two weeks, when I fell very ill, blogging has become something more than just a diary to me. The nice words that were left on my page wishing me to get well and be back were so inspiring and had helped me to recover. I don’t know much about the blogger behind the pen name that leaves me some smiles, but believe me; they can be so powerful they can touch someone at the end of the line. As Dorothy L puts it, “never underestimate the power of a kind word and a smile”. Indeed, don’t.

So to all the friends who keep visiting me on here, I thank you for your time that even on my absence, you are still dropping by. There are just so many good things and so many good people to be thank for in this world. Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Agree that bloging is powerful. It can drive us to better world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear how blogging makes your life more cheerful. I've been blogging for four years and I've got more friends and new things to explore, more than I can think about. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.... you are very welcome Gleen!

    Blessings and happiness are not for me to keep but to share. If writing is one of the things that makes you happy as it is to me, I am glad I've shared you the firsts in and of blogging. Trust me, there are a whole lot more to enjoy when the "paid thing" comes. :) It's always my pleasure to be of help. If there is anything you need to ask, don't hesitate to buzz me. I'm just a click away, you know that!

    Indeed, even virtual friends can do magic in expressing their sentiments through words! I am glad you're enjoying your blogging plight!

    ~~Recel

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear sweet Gleen...I am more than happy that my words have channeled through you in a positive way.
    It is so true that we can feel so fulfilled not only within ourselves but in affecting another in a simple but very effective action such as a smile or a hug:)

    Sometimes all we need is for someone to remind us of the simple things in life:)

    Huggzzzz~D~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dive the world blog, it is very diverting, we can pour ideas and restlessness in the heart in it. with the blog, we can interact with other people, both local and international. I'm the person who is like to modify the template blogger. even the template I've created, many people who use them. Find friends and their ideas in the blog world, succes i always for you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time. I'll get back to you soon. :)